Dec 22, 2009

Trish and Darin Murphy

Trish and Darin - Mucky Duck 12/22/2009 by Finijo



I was lucky enough to be able to enjoy the annual Trish and Darin Murphy Christmas show at McGonigel's Mucky Duck. Caryn and Matt treated Marilyn and I to the dinner show and it was fantastic. Caryn, Marilyn, and I all used to go see them play 20 years ago. Each of us has stories of seeing them perform at different venues at different times. Caryn favored The Ginger Man, I watched them at The Big Easy and Marilyn talked about seeing them at The Bavarian Gardens and other venues. We think the last time we saw them was together more than ten years ago, so it was really a lot of fun to be there together tonight. I was pleased that they played so many of the older songs. We still have their CD's and we still play them. The best part was hearing their new material. We have vowed to get both Trish and Darin's newer CD's. I was pleased to get video of a few of their numbers. The one posted is I Can Make It Rain If I Want To, and it is in the top three songs of theirs that I really love. I posted the other videos on my Youtube site. Thank you, Matt and Caryn, for a wonderful gift of music, the trip down memory lane, and their company.




We were surprised to hear that the dinner of smothered brisket, mashed potatoes and peas with mint butter were all recipes provided by Trish. Very cool - she needs to put out a cook book.

No comments: