Dec 24, 2009

Coby Brown and The Coffee House

I have been feeling pretty mellow lately and that prompted me to listen to The Coffee House station on Sirius satellite radio (via Dish Network). I have heard some great acoustic covers of songs that I love and I have heard acoustic songs sung by the the artists that made them hits. The best part of this station is getting to hear artists that I am not familiar with singing songs I haven't heard before. One of my new favorites is Coby Brown. An internet search revealed that he is apparently a favorite of Ellen DeGeneres and also dealt with cancer a few years ago. On The Coffee House he sings "Your Luck is Going to Change." The song brings to mind Mad World (the Gary Jules version) for some reason. It is melodic, but dark.

Sample play list:


David Gray -Sail Away

Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All

Coby Brown - Your Luck Is Going To Change

Seal - Crazy

The Weepies - World Spins Madly On

Damhnait Doyle - I Want You To Want Me

Jack Johnson - Hope

Pete Townshend - Won't Get Fooled Again

Breaks Co-op - The Otherside

Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

Rob Thomas - Getting Late

Train - Drops of Jupiter (Live)

Norah Jones - Chasing Pirates

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat - Lucky

David Gray - Babylon

Indigo Girls - Galileo

John Mayer - Heartbreak Warfare

Jewel - Foolish Games

Ryan Adams - Fix It

Tori Amos - Winter

Train - Drops Of Jupiter

Norah Jones - Chasing Pirates

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

Colbie Caillat - Lucky

David Gray - Babylon

Dave Matthews - What You Are

Beatles - Something

David Wilcox - Eye of the Hurricane

The Recliners - I Wanna Be Sedated

Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You

Dog's Eye View - Everything Falls Apart

Aimee Mann - Wise Up

Del Amitri - Tell Her This

Meaghan Smith - I Know

Goo Goo Dolls - Name (Acoustic)

Jakob Dylan - Something Good This Way Come

Neil Nathan - Do Ya

No comments: