Apr 2, 2008

Priorities

Perfect Pink by Finijo

There are many things that are out of my control. I can't make people do anything, even the things that are the best for them. That is true for the people I love, and doubly true for the patients I work with.
Fiery Bougainvillea by Finijo
I am pushing myself to focus on some of the things that make me happy. It is clear to me that the only thing I can control is how I react to painful situations and frustrations that I seem to be encountering more and more lately. I've been told that this is my karma surfacing. Maybe it is. Whether it is or not, I know that ultimately I am responsible for how I deal with it.
Morning Glories by Finijo
I am trying to reset my priorities and place myself higher on the list. It's difficult for me to readjust my thinking to take more time and energy for myself, but I believe it is necessary. I am trying to keep in mind that if I don't take care of myself, I am not going to be able to do my job or take care of my family in any kind of a meaningful way. It's harder to accomplish than it sounds.

No comments: