Apr 28, 2008

Conflicted

Parquet Paners by Caillebotte

I found this on Craigslist:

I WANT TO HELP LONELY PEOPLE (Houston, katy)
Reply to:
mailto:comm-647125061@craigslist.org?subject=I%20WANT%20TO%20HELP%20LONELY%20PEOPLE%20%20(Houston,%20katy)Date:
2008-04-18, 12:21PM CDTHi my name is Sam, I am 21 years old white male. I am
looking to help people specially the elderly in their dayly activities. I can
run errands for you, take you for walks, drive your car, etc all I need is a
place to stay and food until I can improve my living situation. My car just
broke down so I can not go to work, right now I am living with roommates but
they are moving, I feel lonely and somethimes depress. I know that a good way to
relieve my stress is by helping others and at the same time others can help me.
I am a good boy, I have good references if you need them. Thank you for reading
my ad.

This is either a totally sincere attempt to reach out to both get and give assistance, or it is a diabolically manipulative way for this person to wheedle their way into the home of a vulnerable elderly person. Shame on me...I am too jaded to just take it at face value.

No comments: