Nov 18, 2007

Mistaken Messages

Flora by Finijo

Every now and then, I get an e-mail that is meant for someone else. I got a doozy in January of 2006. Right now I have two for my namesake in Ireland - and I am fascinated.

The first e-mail came from someone who is obviously her friend and I can almost hear the brogue lilting at me as I read it. The e-mail is as follows: ________________________________________________________________
alice.doyle to karenwest show details Nov 15 (3 days ago) Reply

Hiya,
Was out with Gilly & Nic last night after work for a quick bite to eat. Gilly was telling that Graham and a few others have been let go. He finished up on the 21st of December. He is delighted. 9 years with the company so that is a bit of money for his esp. with the new baby on the way (its another girl by the way). Jimmy Giles & Darren will be the only two left there for another while longer. Anyways, they are organising a nite out on Sat 1st December. They are heading to Shelbourne park. Myself, Gilly & Nic are going - do you fancy it?
Any news with you?

Thank you and Regards Alice

___________________________________________________________________
The second e-mail is a response from Ticket Master for tickets to a show that she plans to see with Celine Dion and Il Divo. Anyone who knows me (even peripherally) would know that this is a show that could very well cause me to puncture my own ear drums. Still, I can't help but love the idea of a "me" somewhere that is willing to shell out almost $300.00 (US) to see two entertainers (well more if you count all of Il Divo) that would cause the "me" here such a violent reaction.
__________________________________________________________________
confirmation@ticketmaster.ie to karenwest show details Nov 15 (3 days ago) Reply

Images are not displayed.Display images below - Always display images from confirmation@ticketmaster.ieThank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.Your order number for this purchase is 4-31581/UK2.
Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 7-10 days before the event. Please do not contact us unless you have not received your tickets within 7 days of the event.
You purchased 2 tickets to: __________________________________________________________________ Celine Dion with Special Guests Il DivoCroke Park, Dublin, Fri 30 May 2008, 17:00
Seat location: section BLKC6, row K, seats 11-10Total Charge: €195.70

Thanks again for using Ticketmaster.Show complete order detail.Return to Ticketmaster home.You can always check your order and manage your preferences in My Ticketmaster.
__________________________________________________________________
I will try to contact both Karen and Alice today by forwarding/replying to the mistaken messages. I should probably let her know about the message I got back in 2006, just in case it was for her. I think I will miss getting her messages, though. Messages all the way from Ireland, seem so exotic.

No comments: