Nov 9, 2007

B** C***

Dawn of Man by Fini
This is not my finest poetry, but I can still remember how good it felt to get it out of my system when I wrote it. I have looked back at it from time to time over the years and it always makes me laugh. The knowledge that I had written these words, allowed me to greet him at each of our successive meetings with a smile. Well, it was more of a grin, because inside I was laughing at my own joke - but it did keep me from verbally eviscerating gentleman in question.

B** C***

You are a nasty little man

I cannot feel sympathy

or empathy

or kindness

towards you now.



Because it is my job

I let you

beat me down

and I don't fight back.

You have again

sapped the joy

from an otherwise

pleasant day.


It is impossible

to have a positive

encounter with you.


You think you are

unemployed because

of the job market,

because of discrimination.

Wrong!

It's because

You are an asshole.

Fini

05/13/93

After a particularly

demeaning counseling
session with Mr. B** C***

No comments: