Nov 11, 2007

Quiet Place

Tension by Finijo


Today was cleaning day. Maria came this morning, and usually we would all be cleaning along side her, but Marilyn had errands to do with Connor, and I did most of my cleaning last night in a fit of nervous energy. Today I am just feeling lethargic. I'm in a quiet place and don't feel like having noise. I've had plenty of time to draw, read, cook, garden, do any number of productive things, but all I felt like doing after Maria left was to sleep. No TV, no radio, just the humming of household appliances. Connor is reading the third book in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and listening to an old Steve Martin comedy CD in the study. Amidst the buzzing of the ceiling fan, the sound of canned laughter off in the distance is strangely comforting. I am not at ease today. I have a vague feeling that the other shoe is about to drop, but I don't know why.

No comments: