Mar 20, 2008

St. Mary's Condos

St. Mary's Condos by Finijo

I had a little accident a couple of days ago, so I spent yesterday doing all of the follow up that follows up an accident. I met with the adjuster, dropped my car off at the dealership for repairs, and picked up a rental car. BTW - Chevy Aveos (my rental) are cute, but ultimately crap cars.

St. Mary's Condos Courtyard by Finijo
Which leads me to these pictures. Joy, my Enterprise leasing agent, had to drive me to someplace off of 45 South to pick up the car and once again my stellar sense of direction caused me to get turned around and end up off of the 610 South Loop East in error. Before eventually finding my way home, I ran across St. Mary's Condos. You can imagine that the larger than life St. Mary caught my eye from the feeder road next to the freeway - so, I had to stop and take pictures of this amazing scene. Note the small black hand chair with crimson fingernails among the cement benches/pews.

St. Mary's Condos Courtyard 2 by Finijo
Someone has gone to a lot of trouble to set up an outdoor chapel. This is the most spectacularly kitchy place I have seen in a long time. It is reminiscent of something from the 1950's that you might find on Route 66 or in some backwater town in podunk Arkansas, but not along a bustling freeway in Houston, Texas. I can't help but wonder if they would let me take pictures during a service...

No comments: