Mar 11, 2008

Objects of Devotion

Today I was out and about for work and while I was waiting on a client, I was able to snap some pictures. I thought this mural in a really run down part of town (off of Canal Street near downtown) was very colorful and hopeful.
I also enjoyed this yard "art" by a home owner near Hays Street in Fifth Ward. I was able to get pretty close to the display and was struck by the various objects that were arranged for the public's viewing pleasure.


There is a variety of religious objects, steer skulls, sea shells, cacti, succulent plants and ceramic bric-a-brack. If you click on the photo, it will enlarge and you can see that the creator of the display has placed a carousel and a windmill among the rocks. This kind of display fascinates me because it is like peeking into someone's mind or soul. Nobody can really explain it except for the person who created it.

No comments: