Mar 29, 2008

Frantic Friday

Yesterday Today and Tomorrow Blossoms by Finijo

I worked my ass off today. I was Downtown, Midtown, and way out West for work today. I got my review at work and it was quite favorable. It gave me a good chance to talk to the program director and ask some questions that I have had on my mind lately. I was not surprised to find out that I already knew the answers, but it is always good to verify facts before making decisions.

Orchid Tree Blossoms by Finijo

After work I went shopping and took Connor out to eat at Little Miyako. It was a good chance for us to just sit and talk to each other. His TAKS and Stanford scores came in this week, and he aced them both. He had 11 PHS (post high school) scores, which is two more than he had last year. When I told him, "You realize that you do so well on these tests because you are really smart, and that is why your mother and I ride you like a horse about your grades.?" He replied, "Yeah, that is the first thing I thought about when I saw the scores. That and the lecture I am going to get from Mom." Neither of us gave him much of a lecture and we both tried to focus on the positive. He is still screwing the royal pooch with regard to his grades, his classwork and his homework, but it could be worse, I suppose.


Mock Orange Blossoms by Finijo

I took these pictures of flowers from our yard. The spring flowers are in bloom, and I am really enjoying the view from the computer desk as I blog. The explosion of Spring me pondering the nature of change and impermanence. Looking at the beautiful blossoms, it is clear to me that change and impermanence may often be uncomfortable, but more often than not it is for the best.

No comments: