Mar 26, 2008

Spa Day at the Park

Spa Day At The Park by Finijo

These are some shots of a recent visit to the Nature Discovery Center in Newcastle Park. My visit coincided with Spa Day for the animals. Before I left the park, I was able to get a shot of the hairdressers giving a few of the residents a blow dry.
Table of Taxidermy by Finijo
Upon entering the park, I was greeted by a table full of taxidermied specimens. At first glance, I could not believe that there were so many birds milling about on one picnic table, then I realised that they weren't exactly milling.
Spa Day at the Park 2
A couple of cool cats and a stone fox were hanging out waiting for their turn to receive the spa treatment.
Nature Discovery Fountain by Finijo
I never can get a good shot of this fountain because of the light and shadows that play across the water bearer. It is a lot prettier in person.
Fierce Opossum by Finijo
This little guy was a riot. He looks fierce, which is a little out of character for opossums, but funny as hell to behold.
Bobcat Fright by Finijo
I wish this shot came out just a little more clearly, but I had to post it anyway. The look on this bobcat's face is a scream. I can't tell if he is trying to scare me to death or if I am scaring him to death. Either way, it looks like CGI gone awry.

No comments: