Jan 11, 2005

Q: What do Michael Moore, stoners, and horny teenagers have in common?


A: Netflix will send them to your house.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Netflix is FANTASTIC! The last three films we got were Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Farenheit 9/11, and Y Tu Mama Tambien .

I saw Farenheit 9/11 in the theater and thought it was great. I mainly listened while Marilyn watched the DVD we got from Netflix . I already believe Bush is the most evil president to ever occupy the position, so seeing his smirking face throughout the movie is not just unpleasant for me, it is visceral.

Y Tu Mama Tambien is surprising and interesting. It's a little melancholy, but I really enjoyed. It is a drama that is part coming of age film and part buddy flick. The locations were beautiful and the story is smart.

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is a smart stoner flick, if that is possible. The story is the same, stoners get high, get the munchies and go in search of food and more weed. The details are different, for starters the two leads are intelligent stoners (rare, I know). The actors who play Harold and Kumar are perfect and the scene with Fred Willard interviewing Kumar for medical school is hilarious. Not high brow humor (ETP), but I do enjoy a good stoner movie from time to time. Maybe it was growing up in the era of Cheech and Chong. Final word for all of the kiddies who read my blog: stoner movies are funny, real life stoners are just sad.

No comments: