Jul 21, 2007

Progress


For all who have been telling me to update my blog...
Tonight I am on my own and working on restoring my blog. Marilyn is out at a pub and Connor is at Borders with David waiting for the midnight release of the last (sigh) Harry Potter Book. I realized that I have to either restore my blog to something I can live with (since it had to be stripped down after Blogger revamped their system some time ago), or I will have to start journaling (hard copy) again. I need the outlet that the blog provides, but I think I avoided doing either thing for a long time, because every time I started to write, I just felt like spewing vitriol about Marilyn's ex (He Who Shall Not Be Named). I never wanted my blog (or my journal) to be sour or bitter, so I guess it became a case of, "If you don't have anything nice to say..."
I can't believe that this is actually the last of the Harry Potter books. I'm going to miss waiting for the next one, and I'm pretty sure I will cry at the end of the story. I cried at the end of the last one when I realized that there was only one book left. I'm sorry that Grandma did not live long enough to get to the end of the story. We took her a copy of the first book for her 90th birthday. She took a look at it and was a little dismissive that we brought her a children's book. A couple of months later, I asked her if she had read it and was surprised to hear that she finished that one and had checked out and read the next two books from the library. She was hooked, but I think that is as far as she got. I think Connor was three or four when we got The Sorcerer's Stone, and now at 13, he's out at the midnight release for the The Deathly Hallows with a couple of teenagers - Thanks for taking him Dave.

No comments: