Jul 24, 2007

Latest ACEO's


This one of two new ACEO's (see post dated 03/01/07) we've purchased. Just like with the other ACEO's I found, I really liked it. It just seems so hopeful to me. The artist is Bob Kimball of rk-studio-fine-art, and medium is oil.



This one is a piece of outsider art by Tracy Reinhardt, an artist who has bipolar disorder and lives in New Jersey. She calls it "Locked Out" and it's part of a mixed media series she did based on her "Ticket to Work" photographs, which depict a series of door locks. This work appealed to me because I have had to deal the Ticket To Work program as a part of my last job and I agree with Ms. Reinhardt that it is not what it promises to be. I was saddened when the realization came to me that the program was a hollow, meaningless waste of tax payer dollars, and it probably does more harm than good.

No comments: