Jul 29, 2007

Envirocycle

My birthday gift from Mom, Dad, and Marilyn is EXACTLY what I wanted - a composter!! This is the first one I saw a year ago, and after much research, it is the one I ended up going with. I placed the order tonight, so it should arrive next week. I have been wanting to live more green for years, but didn't have the space to do it until we moved into the house. We sent our first HUGE load of recycling last week, and we actually had more recycling than trash. I was shocked and a little ashamed that we didn't start sooner. Now we will be composting as much of our kitchen and yard waste as we can stuff into this thing. Next year I want to get rain gutters that drain into rain barrels. After that, who knows...I wish we could hook up a windmill, but I am pretty sure there is a deed restriction that prohibits it.

I thank you all for my wonderful gift - and so does Mother Earth (am I making you want to puke?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I read our very limited Deed Restrictions and I didn't see anything about not having anything that big. Of course there is the 5' X 20' aerial easement adjacent to the utility easement along the back property line

(you know I had to throw the survey language in to bore and annoy you)