Jan 13, 2006

Art House Surprise


While driving down the street I saw a flash of color outside my side window. I circled back around and decided that I would have to go back and capture the image with my camera.
The once (and probably still) squalid 4-plex is now adorned with the vibrant paintings of an obviously starving artist longing for recognition. This set brings to mind the recent hurricanes that hit the gulf coast. One of the paintings is actually hung on the outside of the building.
It looks like the anonymous artist has set up his indoor/outdoor art gallery in the midst of the urban landscape. I love the contrast between the color vibrant color and the rotting building, like hope is alive.
Springing up in what looks like an abandoned building, the burst of color and form are quite stunning. This one is tucked around the side of the building.

No comments: