Jul 19, 2009

Pariah

Foamy Fountain at Night by Finijo

Connor boarded a plane for Little Rock today. It is his first plane trip by himself. Marilyn had plans with her friends, but all of my plans were waylaid by an e-mail I was sent late Friday afternoon. It read:

Dear Conference Attendee:

USPRA has been notified that any persons who attended the Norfolk , Virginia conference on June 28, 2009, may have been exposed to Pertussis (Whooping Cough). USPRA highly recommends that anybody experiencing sneezing, runny nose, low-grade fever and mild cough be immediately tested for Pertussis by contacting your local physician.

For more information on Pertussis, please visit: http://www.health.state.ny.us/diseases/communicable/pertussis/fact_sheet.htm

USPRA will continue to monitor the situation closely, as your health is of supreme importance to us. If you have any questions or comments, or would like more information, please contact USPRA headquarters at 410-789-7054.


Thank you,

USPRA

Cafe Express Condiment Bar by Finijo

Turns out the cancellation of my plans tonight was not a bad thing after all, but I spent the evening alone. I will go Monday for testing to be sure I am not infected with pertussis, but in the mean time I am asymptomatic and I am not under quarantine. I went to Cafe Express in Uptown Park and had dinner, then returned home to once again try to catch up on my blog. The sudsy fountain looked great in the moonlight.

No comments: