Jul 19, 2009

Galveston Sunday

Galveston Flowers by Finijo

I am home today catching up on my blog - seems I just don't keep up with it daily like I used to. I took these photos on a Galveston Sunday outing with Tiana on May 31st, but I'm just now getting around to posting them. I wish I was there right now.
Macrosian Woman by Finijo

Sometimes I cast a long shadow - sometimes I just feel like a shadow. This afternoon, I was feeling spectacular. The weather was balmy, the beach was clean and gorgeous and the setting sun was throwing colors and showing off just for our pleasure.
Jellyfish by Finijo
This poor guy has seen better days. I got stung on this outing, so I thought I would commemorate my pain in this photo. This poor dead fellow was not responsible for my pain, but one of his pink brethren was. Bastards.
Feeding the Gulls by Finijo
This granddaughter and grandmother were feeding the gulls while the grandfather (not pictured here) was photographing their fun. I totally horned in on their photo shoot, and I don't regret it, but I wish I got an e-mail address so I could send them some of the photos I took of them.
Suspended Animation by Finijo
I like this shot - it has a view master quality that reminds me of the old Disney nature discs I used to have. When you blow it up, it has a 3-D effect.
Gulls in Flight by Finijo
This was taken while the little girl was throwing bread. I know they are scavengers, but I think sea gulls are some of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen. I still get that excited feeling when I see them, just like when I was a kid.
Meet the Fosters by Finijo
Tiana and I met the Fosters and their granddaughter on this trip. They were out for a stroll on the beach with their dogs and having a great time.
Foster Dog by Finijo
This dog is Foster, the foster dog. They told us that both of their dogs were adopted. Lucky puppies!

No comments: