Jun 20, 2006

The Saga Continues...

As I walked out my door this morning to go to work, I noticed La Loca standing in the walkway outside the gate with a large police officer. I input the code to get out, but before I could get past them, the HPD officer stopped me and asked if I could talk to him for a minute. He walked me back inside the gate outside of earshot (hopefully) of La Loca, and asked me what I knew about the incident that happened yesterday. He asked me if I witnessed an assault. I had a feeling that she would take it all the way to the cops and I decided that as stupid as the situation was, I had only one choice - to be completely honest. It was pretty obvious that the cop already figured out that La Loca was not all there. I told him that I did not witness an assault, but that a guy with a cane did restrain her briefly and that I told him to let her go. I also told him that La Loca obviously had mental problems and that she is often inebriated. I was on a roll, so I finished off by telling him that I would be moving out of these apartments as soon as possible. This is not how I wanted to start my morning. It's not how I want to start any morning - ever.

No comments: