Apr 9, 2005

Bad friend, but hoping to be better...


Melancholy In Blue by Alfred Laird Posted by Hello

My friend who is losing her mind left a message for me last week, and I have not been able to make myself call her back. I don't even know what I would say to her if I called her. It has been so long since she has been the person who I became friends with, that it feels in a way like she died. The last time I went to visit her, she was trying so hard to be normal, but it was like talking around the elephant in the middle of the room. She said things very carefully, trying not to let me see the cracks in the facade, but you couldn't miss them. She isn't rational and the experience was so stressful. It seemed like she wasn't behind her own eyes. I know I should call, and I know I probably will call, but right now I can't face it.

No comments: