Feb 20, 2008

Vocational ADD

Full Moon and Clouds by Finijo

I am in the process of trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life - well at least the next phase of my life. I think I am developing vocational ADD. I like what I do, but I have determined that the focus of my employer is on the style more than the substance of what I do. The best analogy I can think of is teaching to the test (like constant cramming for the TAKS test), rather than having enjoyment from the learning process. At first I enjoyed testing myself and jumping through the hoops, but it has grown tiresome for me. I think that a lot of the joy I had in my job has ebbed and now it seems like it is just me and the hoops. Hoop after hoop after hoop. I will let you guys know when I decide what I am going to do...

No comments: