Mar 29, 2007

Office Fire in Houston

Last night about 5:30 PM, I was working on the computer and watching the news and saw a building that I thought looked very familiar. It took me a little while to figure out how I knew the building, but I finally realized that I worked in this building several times during my ten years at my previous job.
The phone calls started with me calling to check on a friend who still works in the building and with others calling me to see if I had been watching the news. I found out about 9:00 PM that my friend made it out, but she was still on site waiting for supervisors to arrive at the building to assess the situation in person.
This morning I found out that two of my former co-workers did not make it out of the building. I spent much of the day in disbelief that something like this could happen so quickly that they couldn't get out of the building. I made and received calls and e-mails from people I know there, and everyone I spoke to is in shock at this terrible waste.
Links to the story:

No comments: