Apr 1, 2007

Spring Blooms in My Yard

I am trying to find out what kind of tree makes these beautiful flowers. They are fragrant, and lacy, and just gorgeous! It isn't shaped very well, so we will have to have it pruned.
This is the tree in full bloom. One day we noticed a few blossoms, then the next week the tree exploded. The lovely metal piece is something that either the previous owner of our house or our next door neighbor put up, but it is now falling down. I guess I better talk to the neighbor...

I figured out that this tree is a mock orange. Like many of the bushes and trees that were dormant when we moved in, I didn't expect it to bloom, either.

This one is a Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow bush. The blooms start out as a dark purple, then fade to lavender, and then fade again to white.



No comments: