Feb 2, 2006

Jury Duty

Today I had jury duty, so I took my camera downtown to get some shots. Once again, I sat around for hours and did not get picked. I guess I should be careful what I wish for.













Metro Light Rail by Finijo
I parked my car close to Marilyn's office, then took the Metro light rail to the courthouse. I got my first ride on the train and I arrived on time, thanks to Marilyn's perfect directions.



















Deli by Finijo

I met Mike for lunch at the deli pictured above. The cheese ravioli tasted better than it looked.














Lunch by Finijo














Cenikor with GRB by Finijo
This is one of the views from Mike's training room. The building being wrecked is the old Cenikor building. Mike pointed out that they did not implode the building, they have just been hacking away at it. The red, white and blue building is the George R. Brown Convention Center and the tall, brown hotel (behind the crane) is where the attorney jumped out of the window a month or so ago. There are a thousand stories in the naked city...




















Beehive 1 by Finijo
I found that there are numerous fountains shaped like cones or hives downtown. They are a little bit startling just jutting up from the pavement the way they do, but I think I like them.














Beehive 2 by Finijo

No comments: