Feb 24, 2009

Sky Train Shoot

Wheeler Station by Finijo

Sky and I took the light rail train from Wheeler Station to the end of the line at One Main Street (University of Houston Downtown) and back again. Along the way, we had a good time, and got some interesting shots of downtown Houston.
Blue Train Interior by Finijo

This shot was taken as we pulled out, so it is a little shaky, but so is the trip, so I like the effect. It looks like it felt.
Silver Tube by Finijo
This was taken at the University of Houston Downtown from the parking deck. I think it may be my favorite shot of the day.
Dean's Home of Easy Credit by Finijo
Dean's Credit Clothing has been on Main Street in Houston forever, but now the old department store is a hipster bar. Progress? Who knows...

Green and White House by Finijo
This structure is one of the most beautiful buildings downtown, in my opinion. I think there is a law office in it now, but it is likely that it was once a home for some lucky family, back when transportation in the city was either horse drawn or a trolley.
Green and White Turret by Finijo
This is just an architectural detail of the building shown above. It's my favorite part of one of my favorite buildings on Main Street.
Under Time by Finijo
This is the Louis and Annie Friedman Clock Tower not far off of Main Street in downtown Houston. We received a call that cut short our photo shoot, but we also realised that there are several places we want to get back to try to get the shots we missed this time around. Thank you to Caryn and Matt for trusting me with your daughter. Thank you, Sky, for another great shoot.

Sunset Approaching Wheeler Station
This shot was taken through the scratched up plexiglass window of the Metro train. I pointed it directly at the sunset in defiance of the bright light that was blinding me and sending rapidly towards a migraine. Thank you to Caryn and Matt for trusting me with your daughter. Thank you, Sky, for another great shoot.

No comments: