Jun 7, 2008

Kids Get Your Lips Off That Thing

Hot Pink Mess by Finijo


This odd find on the side of the road reminded me of an old SNL Skit with Steve Martin. It's simple, he's standing in a doorway looking outside and saying, "What the hell is that thing? Kids get away from that thing!" That's all he says, while making strange, inquisitive faces. The punchline was, "Kids, get your lips off that thing!"

Hot Pink Mass Detail by Finijo

I don't know exactly what this thing is. I found it on the side of the road, in front of an old apartment complex. I touched it, I stood on it, I smelled it, but I did not put my lips on it. Someone went to great effort to streusel and fold a large amount of some kind of resin. I don't know if it's supposed to be art or just a blob of cast off trash. Whatever the intention of the person who deposited it roadside, it is a vision to behold.

No comments: