Oct 2, 2005

The Corpse Bride


Corpse Bride Posted by Picasa

Mike and I went to see Tim Burton's Corpse Bride tonight. We enjoyed it, but both felt it wasn't as good as Nightmare Before Christmas. The animation is great, but the story is predictable. I know I shouldn't expect much from an animated movie, but Nightmare Before Christmas was really original, so I couldn't help but expect something equally as fabulous. The music is wonderful, and Danny Elfman sings the catchiest tune, "Remains of the Day" as the voice of Bonejangles. When they played the song again while the credits rolled, a little kid sitting behind us said, "I LOVE that song!" I think Corpse Bride is worth seeing on the big screen, because it is a gorgeous film. Corpse Bride is a fun film, too, but I think it will be more enjoyable if you lower your expectations just a little.

No comments: