Dec 24, 2014

Wish For The World

Cathedral Candles in Lyon by Finijo

I was up early this morning - 5 AM to be exact. I awoke and couldn't get back to sleep. I started my list of things to do, since I am off today for Christmas Eve. Four hours later, I have not really done anything on the list, except make coffee. It is my first cup of coffee in about a week, because I have been down with strep throat and had to go to milk-less tea for to avoid the phlegm factor. I guess I am ending the year on a low note, but that means there is no place to go but up for 2015, right?

I would like to think I have some lofty goal for the coming year, but I don't. Healthy and happy would pretty much make the year grand from where I am standing now. Standing is an exaggeration - more like doubled over and coughing up a lung, but I can still laugh at myself, so I guess that about sums up this year. That and my wish for peace. There seems to be a destructive force in the world that is gaining momentum, but I don't think it is much worse than it has been throughout history. In a random bit of reading last night, I read the wiki entry on the French Foreign Legion and found myself surprised by a couple of things. The first is that the French Foreign Legion still exists - who knew? and the second, that France has not been able to avoid war/military conflict for more than a 20 year stretch in the last 200 years. I will get around to looking at the US military history, but I suspect it has been the same for us. This does not bode well for the future, but I guess it also means that the world will likely go on, as it always has...le sigh.

Things I am thinking about in no particular order:


  • Travel blog for cheap, but adventurous middle aged women
  • Violence and destruction in the world today - and always 
  • Yoga and stretching
  • Sustainable gardening
  • Retirement
  • Aimee Mann
  • Chinese foot massage
  • Panettone
  • Impermanence 
  • Wanderlust
Happy holidays - be happy and do what enjoy
(and to hell with anyone who tells you to stop). 

No comments: