Jan 28, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way...

Soccer Balls Are Dangerous by Finijo

So...I got hit by a soccer ball on the freeway while I was driving to an appointment today. Yup - a soccer ball flew up over the soccer pitch that I did not know existed just above 288 and I saw it coming. It was ahead of me, but I was doing 60 mph and I saw it arc over the freeway, land and then bounce across three lanes of traffic until it hit my passenger side fender and knocked the mirror out of the casing without breaking the casing.
Steel Belted Tunnel by Finijo
I spent the rest of the day working on getting the mirror fixed and going to different repair shops to see if they had the part. The last time I gave up my work car for repairs, I didn't see it again for 5 weeks. I managed to take some photos while I was waiting for repairmen.
Treadstone by Finijo
Mechanic shops smell like chemical and rubber hell, but they offer up some unique opportunities for photography. I got some strange looks, but it was a fun way to entertain myself amidst the cacophony and medley of unpleasant odors.

No comments: