Oct 8, 2008

Death of a Dragonfly

Dragonfly Dying by Finijo

One night I was heading home from a friends house when we spotted this dragonfly. He was dying and it was quite beautiful and strange. I love his color and the way he looks velvety up close. I don't think I have ever really seen a dragonfly until that night. I have noticed them, but they always fly away too quickly to really get a good look at them. I'm glad that he allowed us the opportunity to view him before he went on his way.

Dragonfly Wings by Finijo

His wings were so delicate, but he seemed like he should be able to just fly away when we approached, but we could tell that he did not have long to live. I took the photos and we shot the video together. I messed it up when I got in frame after handing off the camera, but the dragonfly's death dance is mesmerizing and fantastic.




Dragonfly Death Throes by Finijo

No comments: