Dec 7, 2007

Dis-eased Woman

Diseased Woman by Finijo

I have spent a lot of time lately feeling like I wanted to crawl out of my own skin and into something more comfortable. I haven't figured out what would be more comfortable yet, but I know I will. Change seems to me to be one of the most difficult experiences we endure, and I am feeling a profound change at my core. It's frightening to stand on the precipice of what you are becoming without understanding what is in store for you. I am trying to embrace this transition, because I know that ultimately change is good, but there are times that I want to lash out. I want to make someone pay for the lack of clarity I feel and for the discomfort I have with myself. Mostly, I just crawl off to be alone to try to make sense of what is happening, or to find comfort in a good book. The days that I am most in flux are the days that are almost unbearable - this week has been full of those days.

No comments: