Feb 23, 2019

Ron English, “Corpocracy”: installation view, 2015, Station Museum of Contemporary Art

To say that trump being elected president has been a black cloud over the country and over me is a monumental understatement. The blind, rabid hatred of much of what I love about the U.S. and it's people is on display daily by trump and his frothing base. The madness of the situation seems to me to be what the Roman Empire looked like as it fell. I understand that the most amazing periods of creativity and growth spring from the darkest and most desperate times, but it is an excruciating process. 

Fighting my way through two years of trump as president has had an impact on me, for the better and the worse. I have lost some of the optimism that I once had about people, but I have also seen how our system of government, and how so many people in America,  work to work to preserve civil liberties and Constitutional law. I have seen wrongdoing on both sides, but the GOP looks like the most corrupt and morally bankrupt institution to exist in this country, all the worse for not for not standing up to trump and trying to abate some of his worst tendencies. History will reveal how much damage he has been able to inflict on our natural resources, our people, and our economy, and it will not be kind to the collaborators who helped him along his path of destruction. 


1 comment:

David said...

It's time to mobilize and make sure we don't have 4 more years come 2020.